20 December 2010

Randomness

Lots of stuff going on in my head this last week before Christmas.  So in no particular order, here goes:

  • Reading The Medici Effect by Frans Johansson.  It is about innovation and creativity and was suggested by Alan Hirsch.  I’ve enjoyed reading over the thoughts and ideas.  If you like Malcolm Gladwell (Outliers, Tipping Point) and Seth Godin (Tribes) you’ll like this.  You can get a free e-book here.
  • I was impressed at a whole line of people at the GIVING KIOSK at Harvest Church this Sunday.  Harvest meets in the Rave Theater before the movies begin and having the kiosk in the lobby looks pretty normal.  One of the dilemmas of 21st Century church is the fact that people carry neither cash nor checks but use debit and credit cards for almost all transactions.  (Debit card transactions account for $37.9 billion or 35% of all non-cash transactions – 13% more than checks.)  It was cool to see people lined up to GIVE!
  • Following the message I heard yesterday, I was re-reading a blog post I did from January - Epiphany 2010 - about the Magi. I think it’s worth a read even now at Christmas 2010. You can go here to read it.  I think the Magi are real indicators that God is active among all peoples and that we must share the Gospel at all times with all people.
  • I have learned that if you unload the bottom rack of the dishwasher FIRST, you won’t have water from the bottom of cups dripping into the spoons.  It seems that I’ve been doing this manly task more often recently than in the past.  So, always in a learning mode (smile), this is what I’ve learned.  And as a teacher, it’s just one of those things that I thought needed passing on. (I know all women everywhere already knew this.  Don’t mock.)
  • I enjoy listening to Pandora.com. It is a wonderful listening experience.  Right now I’m grooving to Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus but earlier have listened to Trans-Siberian Orchestra, New Orleans Jazz and worship music. 
  • Globe’s Institute for Global Ministry (IGM) starts 4 January and this year we will have several virtual campuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!