26 December 2008

Two Blogger-folk tell us the Best of '08... I'm sure others will weigh in later...

So let's end the year doing Top Tens and favorites...

  • David Fitch says these are the best Missional Posts for 2008...
  • Jordon Cooper says these are his favorite blogs for 2008... and these are the best freebie downloads...

Now, I respect David Fitch and Jordon Cooper.  I've read David's (or since we're not really that close (grimace), maybe I should call him Dr. Fitch!) book, The Great Giveaway and I read his blog very often.  He has amazing insight into what's happened and happening in the church and the North American culture.  And I've been a lurker on Jordon's blog since way before we moved back to the USA.  Although he's Canadian and I can't grasp some of his thinking (sigh - who can understand Canadians?) he says amazing things and does amazing research.

And here's what's double cool: They both talk about people I actually know!  (I feel like Buddy the Elf, "Santa's coming?  Santa's coming here! I know him!  I know him!)  I've met some of these guys and have sat in the room with them and eaten at the same table and laughed at the same jokes.  And one of these guys that they say are cool says he reads my blog.

So, my conclusion is that these awesome bloggers - heavy-lifters of the blog world - like people that I like! 

Take that big old impersonal interweb!  I have friends in high places!  And Jordon says one of them might just be right!  Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!